Monday, October 28, 2013

Cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider: Jboss5 with Metro to Jboss6 /JBoss EAP 6 with JbossWS-Stack

Removed
I was working on a migration form Jboss5 using Metro to a Jboss6.1 using the JbossWS-CXF3.4 stack which comes with Jboss.
When I run my application, I have this error :
Cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider

In fact, I have a code, where the Webservice Port was cast to com.sun.xml.internal.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider

 WSBindingProvider bp = (WSBindingProvider) webServicePort;

This cast works before with Metro as we use the Sun reference implementation of JAX-WS. As Jboss6.1 comes with CXF stack for web Service, this cast should be adjusted by using javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider.
So the code becomes :

BindingProvider bp = (BindingProvider) webServicePort;

Hope it helps you :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Articles les plus consultés